- Motivational Interviewing as Client Engagement Tool 11/30/2017
This webinar will help participants understands Motivational Interviewing (MI) as a counseling approach that facilitates and engages a person’s intrinsic motivation in order to change behavior. Participants will learn how Motivational Interviewing is a goal-oriented, client-centered counseling style that elicits behavior change by helping clients explore and resolve ambivalence.
- Harm Reduction Approaches 11/30/2017
This webinar series will provide health and human service providers with a comprehensive overview of Harm Reduction. As a result of this webinar series, participants will be able to define the key principles of harm reduction and explore the harm reduction premise that the client is the expert and is responsible for choosing the type and timing of behavior change. This webinar series will also enable participants to describe ways in which they can incorporate harm reduction skills into their relationship with clients and identify relevant approaches and barriers to using harm reduction techniques with clients.
- Effective Targeted Outreach 08/30/2017
This webinar discusses the role Street-Level Outreach plays in providing awareness, promotion, recruitment, and community buy-in for programs and services offered in an HIV Prevention & Care and Treatment Community-Based Organizations.
- Podcasts from the California STD/HIV Prevention Training Center
- The New Jersey AIDS Drug Distribution Program (ADDP) and Health Insurance Continuation Program (HICP)
- National Alliance of State and Territorial AIDS Directors: Reaching Them Where They Are. A Guide for Using Online and Social Media to Conduct Sexual Health Outreach with Youth (PDF)
- CDC Social Media Tools, Guidelines & Best Practices